She has been working in the field of education for the past 27 years and is extremely passionate about the education of children. She sees them as the world’s greatest natural resource and believes that every child should be afforded every available opportunity to learn. Laura has a special interest in the development of language and is a strong advocate for students with special needs.
Her education spans infants to adults and as a credentialed Montessorian, Laura provides teacher education across the US and internationally, including Mexico, Africa, and Poland. Laura’s education includes the following:
- Ph.D. in Educational Psychology from Capella University in Minneapolis, MN; completed coursework; research and dissertation phase pending.
- Master of Education with a Montessori Emphasis from Chaminade University in Honolulu, HI
- Infant and Toddler credential from American Montessori Society in New York, NY
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies specializing in Early Childhood Education and Special Education from University of Houston-Downtown in Houston, TX
- Associate Degree in Childcare and Development from North Harris College in Houston, TX
- Associate Degree in Montessori Infant/Toddler Education from North Harris College in Houston, TX
- Certificate in Child Care Director from North Harris College in Houston, TX
- Permanent Childcare Director License from the Texas Department of Regulatory Services
Putting her training into action, Laura oversaw a model Child Development Lab School with over 40 employees that was licensed by the State of Texas for 148 children that included both Montessori and Traditional communities. Laura has also worked in the Early Childhood field teaching three-year-old and Kindergarten age children in the private sector.
In 2009, Laura was invited to provide the first-ever Montessori Teacher Training for infants and toddlers in Poland. She spent a year writing the curriculum and flew many materials across the ocean to set up a make-shift classroom to provide the students hands-on experiences. As of 2019, four year-long courses have been taught with just under 80 new Montessori educators and at least five programs have opened after Laura’s tutelge inspired the owners/directors.
Laura was awarded a place on the Fulbright Specialist Roster in 2017, and by 2019 she provided extensive training at various venues in Poland. Currently, Laura provides teacher education with the Associate of Arts in Teaching Program and works with the lifePATH® Program at Lone Star College-Tomball in Texas.
Laura believes in giving back to her community and serves on the Board of Directors as Vice President at Pines Montessori School in Kingwood, Texas where her granddaughter, Anna Laura (5-years-old), attends school. Laura has been married to her husband, Mark, for 35 years and they have three beautiful children, Victoria Grace, Jacqueline Marie, and Aaron Wilson, as well as a second grandchild Greyson Olivia (4-years-old).